Garage fire causes 'severe damage' in Dinas Powys

Garage fire causes 'severe damage' in Dinas Powys

SMOKE: South Wales Fire Service were called to a garage fire in Dinas Powys on Sunday (Pic: Brian Fisher)

GARAGE FIRE: Crews extinguished the fire in around half an hour (Pic: Brian Fisher)

FIRE SERVICE: Two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet were used to deal with the fire (Pic: Brian Fisher)

INVESTIGATION: There are no suspicious circumstances from the fire and it is believed to have been accidental (Pic: Brian Fisher)

First published in News

AN ACCIDENTAL fire caused “severe damage” to a garage in Dinas Powys on the weekend.

Crew from Barry Fire Station were called to the garage fire on the corner of Sir Ivor Place and Plas Essyllt at around 7.30pm on Sunday, June 22.

A South Wales Fire Service spokeswoman said that the single storey 2metre by 5metre garage was “severely damaged by fire” and that crews used two breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera at the scene.

She added that there were no suspicious circumstances and that it was an accidental fire.

The fire was extinguished by around 8pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree