Vale secondary school online admissions open this weekend
10:25am Friday 4th October 2013 in Penarth news
Online admissions for Vale secondary school places opens on October 7.
The Vale of Glamorgan Council online admissions service for transfer to secondary schools in September 2014 will open for applications this weekend.
In November, parents will also be able to use this service to apply for Reception places for September 2014 and from January 2014 parents will be able to apply online for nursery places for next academic year.
The system is quick and easy to use and the council says:
• You can apply from home 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• There is no risk your application will be lost in the post
• You will receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted and received by the council
• The system is secure and has a series of security features that will prevent others from seeing your information
• You will be able to view your child’s place offer on your online account on the published offer day.
Councillor Chris Elmore, Cabinet member for children’s services, said: “The traditional paper-based process means parents have to fill in paper forms, send them to the council, wait for them to be processed and then wait again for a response. Our online system means that parents can apply for a school place and get an automatic reply saying their applications have been received. Parents can also track the status of their application at any time.
“The process is very secure and data is protected at all times because parents can only access information relating to their child by using a unique user name and password.”
The traditional paper-based admissions process remains unaffected for those not wishing to use the online service.
For more details on the application process and to view the “Parents Guide to School Admissions”, visit www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk or telephone 01446 700111