Garage fire causes 'severe damage' in Dinas Powys
11:56am Wednesday 25th June 2014 in Penarth news
SMOKE: South Wales Fire Service were called to a garage fire in Dinas Powys on Sunday (Pic: Brian Fisher)
AN ACCIDENTAL fire caused “severe damage” to a garage in Dinas Powys on the weekend.
Crew from Barry Fire Station were called to the garage fire on the corner of Sir Ivor Place and Plas Essyllt at around 7.30pm on Sunday, June 22.
A South Wales Fire Service spokeswoman said that the single storey 2metre by 5metre garage was “severely damaged by fire” and that crews used two breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera at the scene.
She added that there were no suspicious circumstances and that it was an accidental fire.
The fire was extinguished by around 8pm.
Comments are closed on this article.